This idea was borrowed from a friend (Life According to Me).
30 Day Challenge: Day 11
Put your iPod on shuffle and write 10 songs that pop up.
Welp, I decided to just use iTunes because my iPhone (which doubles as my iPod) doesn’t have my entire music library on it. And if you’re going to do this post the right way, I feel you should get to experience the full force of craziness that is your own musical tastes. Then I had a second thought. I have a lot of music in my iTunes library (606 songs, to be exact) that I have purchased, downloaded, imported from a CD, etc. that I have not listened to even once. The first song that popped up on shuffle happened to be one of these, and I decided that those shouldn’t count either.
So, here you go. (UPDATE: 12/5/12 – now including links to YouTube/other recordings)
1. Chocolate City – Parliament
2. Factum Est Silentium (by Dering) – Voces8 (Can’t find a playable Voces8 recording, so I give you Tennessee Tech’s choir)
3. Paranoid – Ozzy Osbourne
4. I Get Along Without You Very Well (by Hoagy Carmichael) – The King’s Singers (Can’t find the King’s Singers version, so I give you Frank Sinatra instead)
5. Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely – Backstreet Boys (WHY do I even HAVE this?? Ack!)
6. The “You’ve Got Mail” Suite – George Fenton
7. Hitch a Ride – Boston
8. Pat a Pan – Mannheim Steamroller
9. 11 Blue Egyptians – Jason Becker
10. Dare You to Move – Switchfoot
Some of you may be asking why I did this, but I think it’s pretty self-explanatory. It’s a pretty LOL-worthy list!
That, and I needed some stress relief after finishing the first of my three term papers. But let’s focus on the LOL-worthy.